Friday, September 9, 2011

Quantum How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Count the Ways

Yes, I got into Quantum again at $1.76 on 9/6/11 and exited on a stop at $1.89 on 9/8/11.  I have now bought and sold Quantum three times since April of this year for a total 37% return.  If I'd bought and held my original purchase at $2.79, I would now be very deeply in the hole.  Nevertheless, I remain a believer in buy and hold -- sometimes and if you buy after the market has been decimated.  For now, my view seems to hold:  the markets will be hit by repeated and volatile shocks up and down as the very real bad news is countered by the not so real attempts by policy makers to prop them up.  My suspicion about "things being too easy" makes me want to short Quantum now but I think the company is actually fairly valued given its risk and notice that even in the market massacre today, it is holding up.  A good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment