Friday, December 7, 2012

The Other Social Network: Google+

I've made no secret about my like of Google as a company on this site.  Who else is at the cutting edge of search, driverless cars, and server technology?  And Youtube is a rather valuable property, given that 15-20% of daily internet traffic resides there.  And this isn't all the company is doing -- not by a long shot.  As an example, Google+, the company's relatively young effort to get back into social networking is gaining traction rapidly.  An article this morning in Wired notes that Google+'s growth rate mirrors that of Facebook in its early days. 

http://www.wired.com/business/2012/12/google-grows-like-facebook/

Yes, Google has had some missteps and may not have the respect for privacy that we would like (although, they are not alone among internet companies in this).  When all is said and done, a long-term investment in Google seems like a really good idea to me.  I've already put my money where my mouth is on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment